1.17.2009

Friends Warm The Heart

"Friends Warm The Heart"

I know this may seem a bit "Off Season" but I live in Michigan and it's
FREEZING here...LOL so I was in the mood for a winter-themed tag
Things you will need:
Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Suzanne Woolcott and you can purchase her artwork here
Scrapkit of choice, I am using "Polar Friends" by DMK Designs and you can purchase her kit here
Font of choice, I am using 2Peas Nevermind
Graphic Program of choice, I am using PSPX2
Let's begin!
1. Open your new image, 600x600 pixels, transparent.
If you do not wish to have your tag with a transparent, flood fill it with a color of choice now.
Open all of your needed supplies.
2. Copy and paste the frame of choice as a new layer.
I used 2 of her frames, the heart frame was above the rectangle frame layer, and I used
my lasso tool to trim a small part of the heart frame to give it a layer, entangled look.
This of course is optional if you are not comfortable with using the lasso tool, you can simply leave it sitting above the other frame or just use one frame.
Using your selection tool, rectangle, trace along the frame, about half way through the frame.
This will help ensure that you don't have any "empty" areas between the frame and the paper.
Over to the right, go to your layer menu and create a new raster layer behind the frame layer.
Copy and paste a paper of choice INTO selection.
If you used the heart frame as well, you will need to use your lasso tool to trace along that frame, and create another raster layer behind the HEART frame. And c/p INTO selection another paper of choice.
3. C/P tube of choice. Add any drop shadows.
Add other elements, masks, etc.
Type any other wording you would like to use now.
4. Add any copyright info, name and we are done!
This tutorial was written on 01-17-09 at 7:20 pm by pimp'd tagz